Thursday, September 20, 2007

4.14.07. I'd like to say I've never embarked on family history due to reasons of privacy but that would, in fact, be a lie. Not a cold lie, because any attempt I've had to be authoritative usually ends up with me simply being a bit skittish about revealing facts about my family. I just came home from Florida where my father's mother, my grandmother got suddenly very sick with an onset of pneumonia. When we arrived at the nursing home where she's been staying the last seven or eight months, October 2006, she was running a fever of 103.7, respirations were somewhere in the thirties and her blood pressure was peaking above 200 diastolic... so naturally we grabbed the nurse on duty and had her call the doctor to authorize a trip to the ER for closer examination. Fours hours later, she was admitted to the local hospital, then subsequently sent to the Critical Care Unit for closer monitring... my father thought she would not make it and of course, I wouldn't call her status in the clear yet, but I felt more relieved at whteher or not she would pull through...The hope is and no longer can be live or die, instead what the divine wills it... instead whther they are comfortable, whether she suffers, whether she can have some peace in her final days, however many they may be...

No comments: