Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Gratitude, this morning because there is grace. You make mistakes and you know that you are tempting fate, tempting the beast. One thing people may not understand about me is that I believe in going after the disease. Confronting the thing so I know it better, so I know how it works on me. It's like a virus though, changing forms (often) from time to time... Brooke always challenges my ideas about what it is the disease and what is just normal, omnipresent bouts of self-doubt, of insecurity and knowing that being a little off-center is a daily reality for me. Know thyself, the saying goes. Was it Augustine? Or Plato? Aristotle? One of those eastern Europeans. Sometimes I don't think it's worth the time, not when watching Paranormal State or Homicide on A & E offers me a different insight into a reality other my own. I was thinking yesterday that I may have a few more years before it would entirely be true but I have lived close to half my life... I spent a great deal of time getting this far, and a lot of self-examination had to ensue to survive, to not entirely give up & disappear out of the blue and into the black.

No comments: