Sunday, February 10, 2008

Today I am grateful for:

Tears as a reducing of stress
Having parents that listen /hear me out
Having a girlfriend that will listen to me when I am choosing to be unreasonable
fresh fruit
indoor heating & air /wool socks

Does it say enough? Or is enough said? A quick quote to quench your querulous quest. Poetry and what is, what it does? What is it constituted of? I don't know that I have the answer but I have had cause to speculate on occasion. Just know that you can grapple all your life with the forms and whether something flows for you, as far as you are concerned, but are you saying something? Why I always preferred the essay. More thoughts about How to Get Back To Teaching... which is a projec, an ongoing process it seems of just thinking about the various skills, ideas which students are faced with and your own personal crusade to just be a mentor, a guide, the beacon upon the hill. If anyone needs it, you are there. If anyone looks beyond the obviousness of it , and sees that you are set in that role of being beacon, a light-bearer... Maybe we're still just a little idealistic. Maybe it's just you love it when you know what you are talking about and suddenly have someone there trying to figure it out and you will help them if you can because you know you must.

No comments: