Thursday, June 10, 2010

It is the right call for rest when the scorpion wields its stinger. Mania inevitably leads to depression. I push the edges of my happiness and find myself burned out on the very things that give me strength and the song "Pushit" by Tool came to mind. The only realization I have there, as strong a connection as I have to what that song seems to be really about, there is no one pushing me in any one direction....it just feels like people yank me in a certain direction when in reality, I only need to go where I really want to go...and yet, that's the struggle. You sort of test waters in certain arenas , and people within that arena are enthusiastic about your arrival. They say that they want you to come out with them and be part of their scene when in reality, you like to keep your distance because you think it affords you the benfit of judgement. Being objective, able to read a situation at its fullest zenith. Able to be accurate about your movements. And then there is alaso the element of freedom to back away or back out entirely.... but the battle is between the ears... you don't know what other people are thinking, you can't pretend to know what their thinking at all... but it is the very thing that consumes almost on a regular basis...

No comments: