Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Short story seems to be coming but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. I have to avoid installments lest I run out of steam. Since, to my knowledge no one truly reads my blog, except that I caught Jason Bash reading my Son Volt review (it was all good- it's always good when someone catches your stuff somewhere and enjoys it), I can speak a little to the fact that an ex of mine wrote a few tidbits of her own on her myspace that pertained to our relationship which probably ended something like 2 1/2 years ago.


Immediately, I was shocked by what she had included there because I wondered how long she had held on to her little pearls, believing, of course, that water had gone uner the bridge there. But then you come back into the dark passageways of regret and frrustration that you thought you had neatly paddled away from. I had to pass instead through the stages of anger enough to realize that it was futile, that I was only going to get myself revved up with no chance at resolution. Better to let the water spill off the duck's back. Even so, I had to understand the natural progression of my own, at times, tendency to take the first response to a slight. It may have been a slight after all, but was it worth my time. Is it ever really worth my time? Has it not cost me already much in life that I might otherwise have been able to enjoy? I am Jack's raging bile duct.

No comments: